About Kathy DiMario: Second Acts Career Coach
I believe passionately that there are second acts in American life. After a stellar 35 year career managing a Social Security office, I retired in 2005. Unfortunately, I left my job not knowing what was going to come next. In other words, I didn’t have a plan. As a child of the sixties, I knew I wanted to make a difference in my next act and find my purpose.
My undergraduate degree was in psychology, so I decided to pursue my life-long ambition of obtaining a master’s degree in psychological counseling. I applied to Monmouth University, took the GRE and was accepted into their graduate program. When I attended my first class, I figured out that I had probably graduated from undergraduate school a few decades before my classmates. But not only did I persevere, I excelled and was awarded the department’s highest academic and counseling skills awards. But more importantly, made lifelong friends among my young colleagues.
After interning at the Ocean County College’s Career Center, I knew my calling in life was to empower others to create the life they really wanted, build the career they truly desired. So I became credentialed as a Certified Career Management Coach (CCMC) and a certified Myers Briggs Practitioner. (MBTI)
I offer the following coaching services:
- Job Search Strategist
- Interest, Skills and Values Assessments
- Myers Briggs Type Assessments
- Career Transition and Management Coaching
Another one of my second acts is teaching in the Social Science Department of Ocean County College, Toms River, NJ. Inspired by an aunt when I was a little girl, I always wanted to teach. Now I am living my dream. It really is never too late.
Since I am a career transitioner myself, I am very empathetic to a client’s fear of change and risk.
But I believe it is never too late to set the stage for your second act.
MBTI Practitioner, Certified Career Management Coach (CCMC),
- LinkedIn Certified Career Strategist
- Twitter Certified Career Strategist
- Job Search Strategist – The Academies, Career Coach Academy
- Certified Career Management Coach – The Academies, Job Search Academy
- Certified U. S. Government Contractor
- Certified Myers Briggs Practitioner
- Certified Job and Career Development Coach – Career Planning and Adult Development Network
- Certified Job and Career Transition Coach -Career Planning and Adult Development Network
- Certified Entrepreneurship – Career Planning and Adult Development Network
- New Jersey Association of Women Business Owners
- Mid Atlantic Career Counseling Association
- Mu Upsilon Omega, Monmouth University Chapter of Chi Sigma Iota-Counseling Academic and Professional Honor Society.